Monday, May 21, 2007

Love is a Strong Word

Mom and I talked on the phone this evening. She sounds great - had a lot to talk about. She got home from the hospital last night. Her surgery to remove the kidney stones went well. She's sore but she says it's nothing compared to the pain she had Friday night and Saturday. Mom says she loves Charlevoix Area Hospital (compared it to a hotel with great service), she loves her urologist, and she loves morphine. She didn't hesitate a bit about loving the morphine.

While Mom was in surgery on Sunday, Billy and Tyler went to Paul's and Suzy's to install the small ramp from the door to the deck. Three weeks ago Billy (with the help of Cody, Paul, Evan and Ben) replaced Mom's bedroom window with a door, and built a deck and a ramp. It looks great and makes Mom's entrance and exit from the house much easier.

Mom has begun to lose her hair - a side affect we were told would most likely happen after the radiation treatments. Jodi grabbed the catalog of hats and scarves we found at the radiation waiting room and she and Mom shopped together. Mom found three turbans: a blue, a pink and a white. She's not crazy about the white, but we'll give it some interest with a little bling.

Mom has been putting pressure on her broken leg little by little. This is necessary, but a little scarey for her because the pain of the break was so bad. She's using her walker more, and her muscles are starting to get the exercise they need.

Corey is making sesame chicken for dinner tonight.

Pattie Darrow is the first official visitor of this blog! Yay Pattie!!

5 comments:

Jaden's Mom said...

Hi Rose Mary. You don't know me, but please know that you have been in my thoughts and prayers since Pat first shared with me about the cancer diagnosis and the treatments you would be going through. It has been encouraging to read about your courage, your faith, and the sense of humor you have maintained through these trials.

I recently had surgery to have a kidney removed, after they found a cancerous tumor making itself at home there. I found that I liked the morphine, too. :)

God bless,
Stephanie

Pat said...

Hi Stephanie - thanks for your post!
Mom, Stephanie is a friend of Patrick's, so you know she's good people. I've known Stephanie for a couple of years.

FemmeMode said...

Ooooh, I'm thrilled to know you are out of the hospital and recovering from your surgery! YUCK.

Oh, and I'm ALL FOR drugs...I had a little different major surgery in April 2006...and I'm all for the morphine...dopamine...ANY drug they want to make me feel NO PAIN!!

I HATE PAIN...and I'm such a baby! Why be a 'hero' - God made someone smart enough to invent/create it for our comfort...it would be silly to push it away! (That's just my thought on the issue! LOL!!)

We are praying....and have been praying...we are believing that we worship a GREAT BIG GOD - he can do anything...I'm excited to see Him Glorified thru your Journey.

On another note - My husband, Russ & I ADORE your wonderful daughter Patty!! I know we have never met...but I know the mother of this wonderful friend of mine was raised by YOU...thank you for all you did to raise her into the gorgeous loving incredible woman she is today! I praise God for her, and her friendship in our lives!

Praying for you Rose Mary...
We love you too!!!
Now to HIM,
Deborah, Russ, & Isabella Kate
(Ephesians 3:20-21)

Pat said...

Hi Deb!
Mom, Deb and Russ are my friends that I visited in Texas a couple years ago. They moved to New York last summer.

Captainwow said...

MORPHINE ROCKS!!! Like a big huge rocking chair on the frotn porch that rocks and rocks and rocks!!