Thursday, May 24, 2007

Good News

Suzy found out yesterday that Mom has prescription insurance. She just didn't know it. Mom never pursued prescription insurance through work or Medicare because she's always been healthy - non-smoker, non-drinker, healthy weight, no chronic illness.

When we thought she had no insurance we began to study Medicare Part D. God bless the lawmakers that make government sponsored prescription coverage possible, but it takes an attorney to understand the program literature. Suzy and I spent hours going over the instruction booklet, and what we finally concluded was that Mom was in the gap between open enrollment periods and would have to pay out of pocket until the October-November window.

As it turns out, her insurance through Walmart has her covered and she can now submit for reimbursement for the prescription medications she purchased this year. What a blessing!

4 comments:

Jaden's Mom said...

What a wonderful blessing that is!!! I love those great little surprises that you find when you look at your insurance policies. The "Hey, I didn't know that was covered!" discovery can't be beat!

Love and prayers,
Stephanie

Captainwow said...

That is great news!!

Unknown said...

O'Praise the Lord for good news.
Rosie you are in our prayers daily.All our Love,,
Mark and Debbie Flynn

sheshe said...

Hi Aunt Rose, It's Sheila, Mark Flynn's Daughter, but I'm sure you remember me. I wanted to send you my love and let you know that we all are praying for you in this part of Michigan. I know how strong you are. Growing up I used what I learned from you as a guide on how to be a strong woman, and for that I want to say thank you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. All of our

love: Sheila, Bob, Ken & Steven.