Sunday, May 20, 2007

Everything's Rosie

In February 2007, Suzy took Mom to the hospital with pneumonia symptoms. X-rays showed a mass in her lung, but its nature was inconclusive at that time due to her lung congestion. Follow-up tests in March showed lesions in her lung, right leg and brain. In April she received her diagnosis of stage four lung cancer.
Since Mom's diagnosis, she has begun recovery of her broken fibula which occured May 2, finished her first ten-day course of radiation, and today had surgery to remove kidney stones (totally unrelated, but work for her nonetheless).
This blog exists for several reasons.
  • To allow family and friends to check in on Mom's progress, to pray for her, and to leave her messages easily.
  • To chronicle Mom's progress. This is an important time for Mom and for her family, and we don't want to miss sharing the milestones we reach in her recovery.
  • As a vehicle for all of us to express our thoughts, feelings and prayers in this journey.
  • As a connection with others on a similar journey of faith.

Mom's progress since April has been peppered with really great moments, some inspiring and some simply hilarious. We won't be able to post daily, but we'll post as often as we can. Any comments you leave on the posts will be shared with Mom, so please feel free to leave comments as lengthy as blogger will allow.

Love,

Pat

3 comments:

FemmeMode said...

I'm soooo thrilled to have this BLOG to check up on how "Mom Darrow" is doing!
I've been praying...and stand that God is Good - ALL THE TIME. All the time - GOD IS GOOD!

Praise him as He uses this testimony of your Mom's Journey...and the entire family's journey for his Glory - beyond "all we ask or imagine!" (Eph. 3:20)

We are loving you all long distance...and pray for you often!

Now to HIM,
Deborah, Russ & Isabella Kate
Ephesians 3:20-21

sheshe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sheshe said...

Hi Aunt Rose, It's Sheila, Mark Flynn's Daughter, but I'm sure you remember me. I wanted to send you my love and let you know that we all are praying for you in this part of Michigan. I know how strong you are. Growing up I used what I learned from you as a guide on how to be a strong woman, and for that I want to say thank you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. All of our

love: Sheila, Bob, Ken & Steven.