Sunday, May 13, 2007

Journal Entry

Celebrated Mother's Day at Suzy's. Tina, Mike, Tami, Dan, Devon, Makayla, and Aunt Dorothy came, and Karalyn came from Tennessee. Suzy made a great chicken dinner. Mom had experienced some nausea over the past few days, but she was able to eat and enjoy herself. Lots and lots of presents for Mom. Tina helped me arrange a planter of hostas and geraniums on Mom's new deck.
Olivia was CRAZY about Makayla. She kept her entertained by singing Twinkle Twinkle most of the evening. Makayla was Olivia's biggest fan. Really, Olivia got us all singing at one point!
At the end of the day the kids and Paul lit a bonfire, then gave their Mother's Day gifts to Suzy. The girls bought an ice cream cake for her.
I got tired around 11:00 p.m. and laid my head on the seat of Mom's recliner next to her lap, and she laid her hand on my head and stroked my hair. I could have stayed there forever.

No comments: