Saturday, December 20, 2008

Recent Rose-isms

"I'm feeling a little glancy."

Mom has been in rare form since her amazing bounce-back last week. She's had a lot to say, and it's been hard keeping up. But here's a sample of her most recent Rose-isms.

(Watching Neil Sedaca with Suzy and Cameron)
The show is over.
(Not sure she's a fan)

(The kids say Grandma put a hit out on Jodi)
Mom, to Corey, arm uplifted and fingers poised to snap: “Eggfield – take care of Jodi for me.”
(The kids say Grandma then paid Corey off)
Mom gives the orange polka-dot dog to Olivia. “Give this to Eggfield.”

Jodi to Grandma:
Goodbye Grandma!
Is Billy back?
No, but I have a big test today.
Oh, he did too.

Olivia had a hard time reaching Grandma to give her a kiss. Mom waited patiently with her lips puckered until Olivia found a way to get to her.

Mom has moments of clarity when she is more self-aware. A few days ago she had one of those moments with Suzy.
What do I look like?
Compared to what?
Compared to how I used to look?
You look a lot like you used to look. You’re gorgeous.

I spoke to Mom on the phone Friday morning. She was watching a program at the time but tracked with me pretty well.
Hi Mom!
Hi honey!
How are you?
I’m fine, how are you?
I’m fine too. It’s so good to hear your voice.
It’s so good to hear your voice too.
It’s snowing a lot down here. They’re calling it “snowmaggedon.”
“Snowmaggedon…snowmaggedon…”
Isn’t that clever?
(Silence)
What are you doing today, Mom?
The same thing I was doing yesterday.
Are you working on projects?
Yes.
You’ve always got a lot of projects going, don’t you.
Yes, I was working on…
Next time I come I’m going to stay with you for five days.
Five days?
Yes.
Why, that will be wonderful!
Can I stay with you in your room?
Well, sure!
I have to get back to work now Mom. I love you.
I love you too, Patty.
Goodbye Mom.
(Silence)
(Suzy) Patty is saying goodbye.
Oh, is that what they’re saying?
Yes.
Oh, okay. (to Pat) They’re saving the body.
Goodbye Mom – I love you!
I’m not good at saying goodbye.
That’s okay. We’ll just stick to I love you.
Okay. I love you honey.
I love you too. Goodbye!
Goodbye!

1 comment:

FemmeMode said...

Loved your convo with your Momma....
...made me cry ~