Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Good Company

Sunday morning was quiet at 10:30 when Suzy's family had all made it out the door to church. I read to Mom from chapter 17 of The Shack, and we talked afterward about God's faithfulness and poetry. I told her I hadn't prayed for her yet, and asked if she would like for us to pray together. Of course, the answer was yes. I offered to let her begin, and she replied, "No, you start. You're the starter."

So I prayed for a while, and then asked Mom if she would like to.

"Are you finished?"

"Yes, you go ahead Mom."

"Dear heavenly father, in the name of Jesus...we are so grateful for...you understand our failings, even though..."

I couldn't understand the rest of what she prayed. Her words were soft and indistinguishable but sincere. I opened my eyes and watched as her lips spoke to Jesus and looked for him under her closed eyelids. She prayed until she fell asleep.


Below are some pictures from Saturday.

Tina and Mom. Again, I had asked Mom to smile, and she gave me a wink.
Devon giving Grandma Rose some good by love.
Evan explaining the mysteries of fossilized rock to Devon. Charlevoix county has lots and lots of interesting rocks.
Evan showing Grandma her latest glamour shot. Again, Mom improvises with the request for a smile by throwing air kisses at the camera, here with Bill and Pattie.Suzy told me yesterday that Mom has been more alert and lucid each day this week. As always, thanks for your prayers.

No comments: