Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Rosie on the Rebound

Mom had a rough go of it last week. Low grade temp, non-communicative, unable to eat or swallow her pills. Then, marvelous Monday came and you'd never know how difficult last week had been. My mom knows how to rally.

This is not to say that she is her old self. Every time Mom has a round of infection and treatment, she loses a little ground. But just a little.

I told Mom last weekend that I have decided not to take it personally that she seems to get better when I'm leaving. She looked at me like she wondered if I was nuts, probably because she wanted to say something clever but nothing came to her.

Bill, Pattie, Jessy and Tyler came to visit on Saturday. Tina came Sunday on her own. Below are a few pictures from the weekend.

Billy saying good bye on Saturday.

With Tina on Sunday.

With Suzy on Monday.

With Cameron.

With Olivia.

Today, Mom was quiet again and slept a lot. Mondays mysteriously seem to be her best days.

No comments: