Monday, July 2, 2007

Back To Boyne

Mom left for home Sunday with Tami and Dan. It was hard for me to see her go, even though I'll see her in Boyne City this weekend. We had a very nice ten days, five of them all to ourselves. I told someone over the weekend that I don't think I've had Mom to myself for any period of time since before Suzy was born.


Mom has been steadily improving in strength. She gained ten pounds during her visit here, walked a lot, slept well and enjoyed the company of friends and family. Just a few weeks ago she had no internal impetus for any activity. We credit her recovery to the power of God through prayer and through medication.

Tuesday Mom receives her first dose of chemo. She has gained in strength over the last few weeks, which was the goal of the delay between radiation and chemo. We're praying for her and invite you to do the same. We'll keep you posted on her reaction to the treatment.

No comments: