Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Visit to GR

Mom has been staying with me since Thursday. Paul, Suzy and the kids dropped her off on their way to national convention in Joplin, Missouri. We've had a great time. Mom has found her appetite - well, she's not hungry but she does eat six times a day and has been enjoying sundaes every evening. Mom has been walking a lot - around the house, across the yard, up the stairs. On Sunday we went to church and we didn't bother to take the walker in with us. After church we stopped at Flower Land, and she walked several hundred feet through the nursery without any assistance. Just a brief pause to sit on a little red wagon while we made shopping decisions.
We've spent some time every morning on the back porch watching the grass grow.





Today we took a trip to the yard waste dump on the west side of town. I filled the back of my truck with branches, twigs and roots from my yard and off we went. Grand Rapids has a free yard waste disposal site, which is very handy because I have a silver maple in my back yard. Mom thought the trip was very interesting, and hoped beyond hope that all that wood at the dump is used by people who need it. Here she is, pondering waste wood use:


Tomorrow's a big day. We have last minute preparations before the family begins to arrive for the reunion. We just got off the phone with Matt and Jan in Florida and are very happy that their whole family is coming. Bobbie and Rich are coming from Las Vegas tomorrow night.

Can't wait!

1 comment:

sheshe said...

I am happy to see Aunt Rose up and about! YEAH!!! You go girl!!! I am sad to say that me and my family will not be bale to attend this years reunion. But please let everyone know that we miss them. Keep up the good work Aunt Rosie, I am praying for your health. Love Sheila, Bob, Ken & Steve....