Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Settling In

Mom has been home for four days and she's a little better every day. The c. diff. still keeps us hopping, but it's improving. Best of all, Mom's personality is coming back. We've missed her snarkiness these last few weeks.

Last weekend we kept it simple. We had beautiful weather, and we were able to enjoy it on the deck for a little while. The rest of the weekend we watched Red Skelton episodes, Going My Way, and Holiday Inn. I cried a couple times during Going My Way, especially at the part where Father Fitzgibbon is reunited with his mother. Mom said she almost cried once. I guess I'm sappier than she is.
Tina came up Sunday evening for a couple of hours. We looked at pictures and watched Mom's dvd family album. It was a fun visit.

Physical therapy came to visit on Monday and Mom did her exercises in bed. She hasn't been able to stand well, even with assistance, since she came home. But we're optimistic about the days ahead.

I didn't take pictures last weekend. I didn't really think about it in the midst of the movies, conversations and other business. But I do have a couple of pics from Mom's physical therapy appointment with Wendy before her last hospital stay. It's a great blessing for Mom to receive PT at home.

No comments: