Wednesday, December 5, 2007

On the Mend

I left the Wises' a little before 2:00 p.m. on Monday. Before I left, Mom let me take a couple of pictures of her, one with her new shiner.

If you look closely, you can see the single stitch she received at ER. If you look closer still, you may see tiny black hairs growing in amidst the longer, sparser gray. We're celebrating hair!

Mom is getting stronger every day since she's been home and getting up and around. She's lost a little weight; how much, we don't know yet. But the change is visible in her face. She told me today that she's decided to give up sundaes. Cold turkey. She was eating a small bowl of bread and butter pickles when she gave me the news. A good trade, I think.

Next post I'll have pictures of the Midland Adventure.

Thanks for your prayers and for stopping by.

No comments: